Presidents' Forum: Intellectual Property Issues Associated with Name, Image & Likeness in the NCAA
This forum will discuss the copyright, trademark, privacy, and other intellectual property issues raised by the recent decision of the NCAA to allow collegiate athletes to profit from the use of their name, image, and/or likeness without losing their amateur status.
- What do young athletes, their parents and guardians, and even agents need to know about intellectual property while negotiating with schools;
- How will this decision change IP considerations for video games and advertising;
- What are the IP implications of entering the “transfer portal”?
- Gabe Feldman, Professor of Sports Law & Director, Tulane Sports Law Program, Tulane University
- Darren Heitner, Founder, Heitner Legal
- Dan Lust, Attorney, Geragos & Geragos
- Douglas Masters, Managing Partner, Loeb & Loeb
- Aliya Nelson, Partner, Greenspoon Marder LLP