One-Day Patent CLE Seminar
This registration includes breakfast, refreshments, lunch and electronic course materials.
Panel 1: Reasonable Royalties, Apportionment, and Overseas Profits: Assessing Patent Damages (270 Pages)
Panel 2: Diversity Initiatives: Practical Strategies (202 Pages)
Panel 3: Legislative Update (11 Pages)
Panel 4: NY Social Media Guidelines (52 Pages)
Panel 5: Inside View for Working with the USPTO (16 Pages)
Panel 6: IP Transaction Panel: Patent and Non-Traditional IP Diligence in Technology Transactions (19 Pages)
CHIEF JUDGE FREDA L. WOLFSON
United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
8:10 AM - 8:55 AM Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:55 AM - 9:00 AM Welcome Remarks
9:00 AM - 10:15 AM Reasonable Royalties, Apportionment, and Overseas Profits: Assessing Patent Damages
Moderator: Lynn Russo, Associate, Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Andrew Carter, Managing Director and COO, Ocean Tomo
- Jean Dassie, Associate, Gibbons PC
- Christine Meyer, Managing Director and Chair of NERA's IP Practice, NERA Economic Consulting
- Michael Shanahan, Vice President and General Counsel, General Patent Corp.
10:15 AM - 10:30 AM Morning Refreshment Break
10:30 AM - 11:30 AM Diversity Initiatives: Practical Strategies EARN 1.0 DIVERSITY CREDIT!
Moderator: Diana Santos, Associate Counsel, New York Genome Center
- David Baker, Senior Rights & Clearances Associate, ABC News
- Paula Edgar, Partner, Inclusion Strategy Solutions LLC
- Justine Gozzi, Special Counsel, Baker Botts LLP
- Khalil Nobles, Associate, Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Meredith Schoenfeld, Attorney for the Officer of the Solicitor, USPTO
11:30 AM - 11:55 AM Legislative Update
Moderator: Michael Johnson, Partner, Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Anthony Lo Cicero, Partner, Amster Rothstein & Ebenstein LLP
12:00 PM - 12:45 PM Lunch
12:45 PM - 1:15 PM Keynote Speaker Honorable Freda Wolfson, Chief Judge, U.S. District Court for the District of N.J.
1:15 PM - 2:10 PM Interactive Panel: NY Social Media Guidelines EARN 1.0 ETHICS CREDIT!
- Ronald Coleman, Member, Mandelbaum Salsburg PC
- Jessica Copeland, Member, Bond Schoeneck & King PLLC
- Ira Levy, Partner, Goodwin Procter LLP
2:15 PM - 3:30 PM Inside View for Working with the USPTO
Moderator: Jonathan Berschadsky, Partner, Merchant & Gould PC
- Elana Araj, Associate, Greenberg Traurig LLP
- Andrew Berks, Principal, Berks IP Law LLP
- Stefanos Karmis, Director of the Office of Patent Quality Assurance, USPTO
3:30 PM - 3:45 PM Afternoon Refreshment Break
3:45 PM - 5:00 PM IP Transaction Panel: Patent and Non-Traditional IP Diligence in Technology Transactions
Moderator: Jeanne Curtis, Director, CDF Consulting
- Nora Garrote, Partner, Venable LLP
- Khue Hoang, Partner, Reichman Jorgensen LLP
- Chloe Steadman, Vice President and Underwriter, Euclid Transactional
- Dorothy von Hollen, Vice President and Corporate Counsel, Prudential Financial
5:00 PM Closing Remarks
Thank You To Our 2019 Sponsors!