RE: POSTPONED TO JAN. 17, 2013 - NYIPLA One-Day Patent CLE Seminar at the Princeton Club
ATTN: Registrants for the November One-Day Patent CLE Seminar
The NYIPLA November One-Day Patent CLE Seminar at the Princeton Club, New York has been postponed due to inclement weather to Thursday, January 17, 2013. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
New York Intellectual Property Law Association (NYIPLA)
2125 Center Avenue, Suite 406 | Fort Lee, NJ 07024-5874 | USA
Tel 1.201.461.6603 | Fax 1.201.461.6635 | E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org | Web www.nyipla.org
8:00 AM - 8:45 AM Continental Breakfast
8:45 AM - 8:55 AM Welcome Remarks
8:55 AM - 10:40 AM Panel 1 Implementation and Effects of the America Invents Act
Moderator William Thomashower Schwartz & Thomashower LLP
- New Rules Regarding First Inventor to File William LaMarca United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Reexamination Strategy Sean Grygiel Fish & Richardson, P.C.
- ADR, Judicial Recourse, and Estoppel in Post-Grant Review Charles Miller Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Joinder Stacey Cohen Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
10:40 AM - 10:55 AM Coffee Break
10:55 AM - 12:15 PM Panel 2 Validity and Infringement of Method Claims
Moderator Adda Gogoris Merchant & Gould, P.C.
- Supreme Court and Federal Circuit Cases Regarding Abstract Ideas Charles Macedo Amster, Rothstein & Ebenstein LLP
- Supreme Court and Federal Circuit Cases Regarding Laws of Nature Matthew McFarlane Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Akamai – Inducement of Infringement Paul Ackerman Dorsey & Whitney LLP
12:15 PM - 12:55 PM Lunch
12:55 PM - 1:30 PM Keynote Speech Hon. Mitchell Goldberg
Judge Goldberg was appointed as a United States District Court Judge for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania on October 31, 2008. Prior to his appointment, Judge Goldberg began his legal career in the trial and appellate divisions of the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office. In 1990, he joined the firm of Cozen O’Connor, where his practice initially focused on commercial litigation, and he eventually became manager of the firm’s Arson and Fraud Unit. In 1997, Judge Goldberg became an Assistant United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, where he focused on white collar crime cases. Judge Goldberg began his judicial career in February 2003 with an appointment to the Bucks County Court of Common Pleas, and was elected to a ten-year term on that Court in November 2003.
Judge Goldberg’s remarks will be directed to the antitrust issues that arise in patent cases involving pharmaceutical companies and “reverse payments” licensing.
1:30 PM - 3:15 PM Panel 3 Ethical Considerations in Patent Prosecution and Litigation
Moderator Wan Chieh (Jenny) Lee King & Spalding LLP
- Supplemental Examination Jonathan Ball Greenberg Traurig, LLP
- PTO New Regulations on Rule 1.56 Robert Katz Eaton & Van Winkle LLP
- Update on Inequitable Conduct Decisions Since Therasense Pablo Hendler Ropes & Gray LLP
- Effect of Hyatt on Prosecution Strategy Jon Gordon Frommer Lawrence & Haug LLP
3:15 PM - 3:30 PM Coffee Break
3:30 PM - 4:50 PM Panel 4 Issues Arising in Licensing Patents
Moderator Andy Berks Nostrum Pharmaceuticals LLC
- Allocation of IP Rights in Research Agreements Andy Berks Nostrum Pharmaceuticals LLC
- Licensing with Government Agencies and Academic Institutions Steven Hoffberg Ostrolenk Faber LLP
- Admissibility of Settlement Agreements Richard Brown Day Pitney LLP
4:50 PM - 5:00 PM Closing Remarks
EARN NYS/NJS CLE 7.0 CREDITS INCLUDING 2 ETHICS CREDITS
FOR BOTH NEWLY ADMITTED & EXPERIENCED ATTORNEYS
Hosted by the Continuing Legal Education Committee Co-Chairs Mark Bloomberg and Robert Rando