2013 March 22 "Day of the Dinner" Luncheon CLE Program: The Interplay Between Patent Litigation In The District Courts And Proceedings Before The Patent And Trademark Office
- 3/22/2013 10:30 AM - 2:15 PM
Please arrive early for registration
- The Waldorf=Astoria Hotel
301 Park Avenue
New York, New York 10022
NYIPLA's 2013 "Day of the Dinner" Luncheon CLE will address practical issues relating to the roles of the District Courts and the Patent and Trademark Office with respect to litigated patents, including
- Circumstances under which District Court litigation should be stayed
- Patent validity issues requiring District Court adjudication (if any) after review by the PTO in reexamination and post grant review proceedings (e.g., what estoppels apply) and
- Reconciliation of the PTO's determination of claim scope, in reexamination and post grant review, with claim construction in the District Court given that different standards apply
Circuit Judge Kathleen M. O'Malley, United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
District Judge Stanley R. Chesler, United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
Chief Magistrate Judge Steven M. Gold, United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
Chief Administrative Judge James D. Smith, Patent Trial and Appeal Board for the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Mark Abate, NYIPLA Past President, Goodwin Procter LLP
Registration & Reception 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Lunch 11:30 a.m. – 12:20 p.m.
Presentation 12:20 p.m. – 2:15 p.m.
CLE Credits 2.0 Professional
FOR BOTH NEWLY ADMITTED & EXPERIENCED ATTORNEYS
To Register and Pay by Check Registration Form
Hosted by the Continuing Legal Education Committee
Co-Chairs Mark Bloomberg and Robert Rando