Improvisational Acting in the Courthouse
- 2/21/2019 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Please arrive early for registration
- Perkins Coie
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, New York 10112
Improvisational Acting in the Courthouse will utilize 'tried and true' techniques, infused with a slew of new ideas, to show attendees how to:
- captivate and engage listeners,
- tap into your authentic passion,
- find your 'hooks' and style, and
- keep people interested in what you have to say!
Improvisational Acting in the Courthouse is a fun, educational, and invaluable workshop for lawyers with all levels of experience, working in all areas of the legal system.
Robert Galinsky leads this workshop and shows lawyers how to distinguish themselves in and out of the courtroom. Robert Galinsky wants you to be as effective as possible and will present techniques that professional actors and speakers use to mesmerize their audiences on stage or screen.
Techniques and Takeaways:
- Managing pressure and stress
- Changing direction
- Body language and non-verbal language
- Confidence and humor
- Strong starts, powerful closings
- Quick thinking and taking action
6:00 - 7:15 Workshop
7:15 - 8:00 Networking Reception
Hosted by the NYIPLA Young Lawyers and Patent Litigation committees