NYIPLEF Annual Diversity Scholarship Event featuring The Slants!
- 10/25/2018 6:00 PM - 9:30 PM
Please arrive early for registration
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
One Battery Plaza
New York, New York 10004
The New York Intellectual Property Law Education Foundation (NYIPLEF) is pleased to announce the “1st Annual Diversity Scholarship Event” featuring THE SLANTS, will be held on Thursday, October 25, 2018, at Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP located at One Battery Park Plaza, in downtown New York City. The evening’s festivities will take place from 6:00 to 9:30 p.m., which will include:
- Keynote by Simon Tam (1 Credit Diversity & Inclusion and Elimination of Bias in Legal Profession),
- Live Music Performance by THE SLANTS,
- Silent Auction of fabulous items, including a Guitar autographed by THE SLANTS, an opportunity for a law firm to have THE SLANTS write a jingle for their firm, opportunities to have Lunch or Dinner with Chief Intellectual Property Counsels and General Counsels from around the tri-state area.
All net proceeds will benefit the NYIPLEF Diversity Scholarship Fund. Tickets can be purchased online for $75 at https://www.nyiplef.org/events/1stannual/. Donations can also be made at this site. Inquiries regarding sponsorship opportunities should be directed to Thomas Meloro at TMeloro@willkie.com or Patrice Jean at Patrice.Jean@hugheshubbard.com.
The NYIPLEF is a charitable organization 501(c)(3) whose mission is to promote intellectual property law education in the New York area. The NYIPLEF was established in 2015 but functioned prior to 2015 as a direct scholarship from the New York Intellectual Property Law Association. The Foundation’s diversity scholarships, including the Giles S. Rich Scholarship, are to benefit outstanding law school students in the New York area. The NYIPLEF also periodically grants scholarships to students, professors, institutions or others based in the New York area that have made a significant contribution to the promotion of intellectual property law.